DIY Halloween Costumes You May Already Have In Your Closet
Posted on October 29 2018
Halloween is only a few days away and we're all looking to find just the right costume. The one thing holding most of us back is spending the big bucks for a costume that you may only wear one time. We've decided to show you how to create six costumes from items you may already have in your closet.
1. If you've got a black and white striped top in your closet you've got a few options. The one we decided to go with was a bank robber. We already had a simple canvas bag, we just printed a dollar sign and attached it to the bag. The gloves were from one of our shop girl's costume collection, but these could easily be recreated by buying a cheap pair of black winter gloves at wal-mart and cutting off the fingers.
The beanie, top, jeans, and shoes are all from Amaranth Collection.
2. Leopard print is everywhere this season so if you don't already own a leopard print top it would be an easy find at most stores carrying on-trend items. We've added cat ears that could be found at most big box stores carrying halloween costumes for under $10. Most times you could find them for less than that.
Here we found a cute pair from Claire's:
The top, earrings, necklace, jeans, and boots are from Amaranth Collection.
3. Minions are everywhere. Chances are if you've got kiddos, they know and love them. We love this costume because it is so easy to create. Just find a mustard top or sweater and a mustard beanie. You could also add overalls for an extra detail.
To recreate these goggles, you can purchase glitter cardstock paper and black cardstock paper which can be found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each. We then safety pinned the goggles to this beanie to secure them.
The top, necklace, beanie, jeans, and booties are from Amaranth Collection.
4. You can't go wrong with being a lumberjack for Halloween. This is an outfit we'd honestly just wear on the daily -- we just probably won't carry our DIY axe around with us. Here we constructed our own axe, but you could easily find one at Target or Wal-mart for around $6. We've found one HERE at Target.
The rest of this outfit is from items we love that you can find in-store at Amaranth Collection.
5. I love Lucy is doable even if your hair isn't naturally gorgeous and red like Libby's. Find a bandana -- you can find one at Hobby Lobby for around $1, and add a cute midi dress with accessories. It's as easy as that!
6. The cactus may be one of our favorites for our DIY costumes this year. You can find a knit sweater or pair a top with a cardigan like we did here. What makes the knit/crochet easier is that you can stick the straws through the holes. Another option for this would be to buy and cut up pipe cleaners, they would probably stay on easier than our straws did. We took an existing headband we had and created a tissue paper flower to attach. Easy as that.
If you've made it this far and you love the stylish pieces we used to create these costumes, we'd love to have you join our Facebook group #MyACStyle Inner Circle. There you'll see our newest arrivals, behind-the-scenes, special discounts and so much more. If you're local to Tulsa, Oklahoma we'd love for you to visit our Tulsa Boutique located at 8007 S. Sheridan Rd Unit G Tulsa, OK 74133. It's on the northeast corner of 81st and Sheridan in the Square One Shopping Center. We'd love for you to stop by.